The St Kitts and Nevis (St Christopher) is a small two island nation in West Indies. St. Kitts, also known as ‘Saint Christopher’ and Nevis forms part of the group of islands known as the Lesser Antilles, located some 2,000 km to the southeast of Miami. The country has beautiful beaches, reefs, wonderful cool climate, enjoyable throughout the year. The country is well connected by flights from US, Europe and the Caribbean airliners.
St Kitts and Nevis has the oldest and longest running economic citizenship by investment programs in the world.
The Citizenship Program of St. Christopher (St. Kitts) was established in 1984 and requires applicants to make an economic contribution to the country. In exchange, they and their families are granted full citizenship. The regulations regarding citizenship-by-investment in St. Kitts and Nevis are contained in Part II, Section 3 (5) of the Citizenship Act, 1984.
St Kitts and Nevis has introduced ‘Sustainable Growth Fund (SGF)’ effective from 1, April 2018 under its CBI programme, after the expiry of Hurricane Relief Fund. The minimum real estate investment required by law reduced to US$200,000 (resalable after 7 years) for each main applicant.START YOUR APPLICATION
The St. Kitts and Nevis passport is currently the most popular citizenship by investment program (CIP) in the world.
- Visa free travel to European Schengen area including UK, Europe, Switzerland, Singapore along with other 151 countries
- No residence requirements before or after passport.
- No interviews, no business experience, no english tests.
- No income or wealth tax.
- Citizenship for family members (spouse and children)
- Lifetime citizenship with one time investment
- No restrictions on Dual citizenship.
- Discrete and confidential application process.
- Choice of $200,000 Real Estate investment.
- Pass citizenship to descendents and family.
- No personal visit required.
- Visa free travel to EU schengen, UK, Ireland, Switzerland, Singapore etc.
- Passport issued with 3-6 months.
- Business incentives for investment.
- Maintain dual citizenship with other nations.
- Right to take up residence in CARICOM member countries at any time and for any length of time.
Covid-19 Special Discount
The Special limited time discount offer for families is further extended by government in 2021
The SGF contribution for a family of up to 4 will be reduced to US $150,000 (instead of $190,000) giving a $45,000 discount savings to families applying for St Kitts and Nevis CBI programme)
he Citizenship by Investment Unit (CIU) is the Government Authority which handles all matters concerning Citizenship by Investment in the Federation of St. Kitts and Nevis. The CIP program attract foreign investors of good character to make a substantial contribution to the country and then to apply for citizenship and passport complying with strict guidelines under and the relevant law and regulations.
To qualify for citizenship of St. Kitts and Nevis under its Citizenship-by-Investment Program, the Government requires either …..
1. Sustainable Growth Fund:
One time contribution of USD 150,000 to starting from April 1, 2018
Applicants may qualify for citizenship through a contribution to the Sustainable Growth Fund (SGF).
- Single applicant: a non-refundable contribution of US$150,000 is required
- Main applicant with up to three dependents (for example, a spouse and two children): a non-refundable contribution of US$195,000 is required
- Additional dependents, regardless of Age: US$10,000
The additional costs to add sibling of main applicant are as follows
- SGF donation: US$ 20,000 per sibling
- Real Estate: US$ 40,000 per sibling
Upon submission of an application, non-refundable due diligence and processing fees must be also paid. These fees amount to US$7,500 for the main applicant, and US$4,000 for each dependent of the main application who is over the age of 16 years.
2. Real Estate Investment
Designated recoverable Real Estate Investment with a value of at least US$ 200,000 plus payment of various registration and other fees. For any accompanying family members, additional costs apply (see below).
Applicants may qualify for citizenship through an investment in a pre-approved real estate project, which may include hotel shares, villas, and condominium units. The minimum real estate investment required by law is US$200,000 (resalable after 7 years) or US$400,000 (resalable after 5 years) for each main applicant.
Upon submission of an application, non-refundable due diligence and processing fees must also be paid. These fees amount to US$7,500 for the main applicant, and US$4,000 for each dependent of the main applicant who is over the age of 16 years.
On approval in principle of an application made through a real estate investment, a Government fee applies, as follows:
- Main applicant: US$35,047
- Spouse of the main applicant: US$20,047
- Any other qualified dependent of the main applicant regardless of age: US$10,047
In addition to these fees, real estate buyers should be aware of purchase costs (mainly compulsory insurance fund contributions and conveyance fees).
For listed of approved real estate click here
The real estate market in Saint Kitts and Nevis has risen significantly in the island because of more arrival of visitors and new flights to the islands and also because of new real estate developments such as 5 star Park Hyatt hotel, Aman resort and Four seasons resort in Nevis contributing to the boom. There is also Marriott hotel in the island. It is also possible to buy a limited partnership share in various real estate properties with minimum $200,000 and qualify for citizenship. Over 70% of the real estate sales are linked to the citizenship by investment program. In St Kitts the rental yields range from 4.9% to 5.3% as holiday occupancy rates are very high in summer peaking $2000 a week. The price of 1.5 bedroom condos and houses starts from $420,000, 3 bedroom condo houses $750,000 averaging $3020 per sq.m