Dominica has the oldest and most trusted “Economic citizenship by investment” program since 1993 which allows granting citizenship to those who make a contribution to the development of the country or in real estate.
Dominica is the only country where you can get a second citizenship, cheapest among the other economic citizenship programs in Europe and Caribbean.
Dominica is a 751 sq.km island nation in the eastern Caribbean. The economy is primarily agriculture based and Roseau is the capital city. The currency is EC$ and the country has both tropical humid and wet rainy seasons. Dominica is the “Nature Island of the Caribbean” is a green tropical paradise and one of the most beautiful islands in the Caribbean. It is practically untouched nature with countless rivers and waterfalls, and emerald green mountains dropping dramatically into the turquoise sea. Dominica has world’s second-largest hot spring, with mountainous rainforests, home to many rare plants, animals, and birds. Morne Trois Pitons National Park is a UNESCO World heritage site.
- One time investment against lifetime citizenship
- Cheapest citizenship program for Single persons without family in Caribbean
- No requirement to live in Dominica before or after citizenship.
- Travel visa free to over 130 countries including UK, Ireland, Russia and EU schengen.
- No mandatory interviews or language tests
- No personal visit to Dominica required.
- Passport issued with 10 year validity
- Citizenship program open to all country nationals.
- Citizenship for family and children.
- No interviews. No residency requirements.
- Residence status to live and work in Dominica.
- No wealth, gift, inheritance, foreign income or capital gains tax and no personal income tax for residents.
- No restriction on the repatriation of profits and imported capital for business.
- Corporate tax incentives, full exemption from import duties.
The Dominica citizenship-by-investment Programme is set out in the the legislation published pursuant to Section 101 of the Constitution and Sections 8 and 20 (1) of the Citizenship Act of Dominica. Under this scheme, you will need to make minimum investment of
- USD 100,000 one time donation to Government fund
- USD 200,000 real estate investment
The investment amount is non-refundable if the passport is issued, however it is refunded if the application is refused.
|Single Applicant||USD 100,000|
|Family Application (Applicant plus spouse and two children below the age of 18 years)||USD 175,000|
|Additional dependants (aged 18-25)||USD 25,000 each|
Dominica has also relaxed rules for adding family dependents expanding the scope of ‘dependent’. These regulations were published in Citizenship by investment (amendment) 2020
A minimum investment in a government approved real estate project of USD 200,000 is required for each main applicant. Two or more applicants may apply for citizenship by investment together by purchasing one piece of real estate, provided that each main applicant contributes the minimum investment of USD 200,000 towards the investment.
The real estate must be held for 3 years and may be eligible for re-sale under the Citizenship by Investment Programme after 5 years from the original purchase date.
You can invest in Cabrits resort Kempinski project, a five star hotel just opened in Dominica. (resale only available)
|Minimum Investment||USD 200,000|
|Government fees for real estate|
|The following government fees are applicable for the main applicant and any accompanying dependents:
The following fees apply for both real estate and government fund contribution
|Due Diligence Fees||Main Applicant – USD 7,500*
Spouse – USD 7,500
Dependant aged 16 years and above – USD 4,000
|Fee for Certificate of Naturalisation||USD 750 per person|
|Processing fees||USD 3,000 per application|
|Expedited passport fee||USD 1,200 per application|
The CBI application forms is not available for free download. It is only available or provided by authorized agent or lawyer. Please prepare the required documents