Grenada citizenship by investment has long been a popular option for those looking out for better opportunities, alternative residence or hoping to secure their financial future. As a matter of fact, Grenada is one of the most stable countries in the Caribbean region. With an average annual growth rate of 5% since 2011, Grenada is well positioned for sustainable development. Grenadian citizens enjoy visa-free travel to over 120 countries including EU member states.
The Grenada Citizenship Program is among the earliest in the global world, established in 1997. Significantly more than two decades of work of this planned system means streamlined processes and conformity utilizing the deadlines for several procedures.
A total of 144 nations are currently open to Grenada passport holders for free entry. Individuals into the program pick one of two options – donate funds to a government fund or invest in a Grenada citizenship by investment real estate project.
Donation starts at $150,000 as well as the financial investment in genuine estate starts at $220,000. The investment for the latter should be held for the first five years of citizenship, during which time you’re able to get a rental return and this averages out to 3.5% per annum. The application process takes 3 to 6 months and it is done remotely and confidentially.
What are the benefits of Grenada Citizenship?
Grenada is the only country in the world where you can travel without a visa for 180 days (6 months) at a time (and it doesn’t cost more). You won’t face vaccinations or health check-ups before accessing these freedoms of movement, which is not the case with most other countries. So, there is really nothing to stop you from staying as long as you want. And it doesn’t matter if your current passport expires before that date.
Here you will find the main benefits of having a Grenadian citizenship:
- Most of Europe’s Schengen region, the UK, Ireland, some Balkan countries, and some of Latin America are visa-free by having a Grenada passport.
- The investor visa for United States is accessible to all or any Grenadian residents, making Grenada the actual only real CBI program in the Caribbean to have this particular feature.
- It’s possible to have as numerous passports as you need to definitely revoke your other nationalities – regional authorities will likely not ask.
- The government spends some quality time in vetting and processing applications and it is perhaps not the fastest CBI in the international globe. Nonetheless, it sure is amongst the quickest within the Caribbean area.
- The main applicant can include his entire family members under one application and Grenada is one of the few CBI programs that accept siblings, for instance.
- You do not need to learn the language to apply for a Caribbean passport but it is advisable to understand the local customs and practices.
- You don’t need to visit or live in Grenada to renew your passport.
Grenada offers direct citizenship by investment, meaning that anyone who can invest up to $5million in their economy for a period of 3 years will obtain full citizenship.
There is no need to live in Grenada to retain this citizenship, and one can pass gainfully on their own island nation’s good name through ambassadorships. All holders are guaranteed access throughout the world and federal protection from deportation.
No restrictions based on race or religion make Grenada exceptionally diverse. Tax exemption applies not only to people living in Grenada but also anywhere across the globe. This is advantageous for generating wealth outside of governmental reach as all tax issues from abroad automatically fall under the jurisdiction of Grenada’s tax system.
What are the requirements for Grenada dual citizenship?
Grenada dual citizenship is recognized and protected by the Jamaica Citizenship Act. There are a few qualifications that must be met in order to legally acquire Grenadian dual citizenship, including;
1) Must have invested at least $400,000 throughout two consecutive calendar years in any qualifying enterprise
2) Must meet the condition of staying for at least one year in Grenada before applying for citizenship
3) Must be habitually resident for each day of 12 months preceding application if not residing continuously for 4 years and must obtain certificate from the ministry of immigration, giving guarantee he will continue to make residence in Grenada
4) The main candidate and his/her dependents must be clean of any criminal record and not be regarded as a potential threat to national security.
5) The main candidate and his/her dependents don’t suffer infectious disease or severe health issues.
Where to apply for Grenada passport by investment?
Direct applications can be submitted either by mail, or in person. Applicants will need to visit the Grenada Citizenship & Immigration Services headquarters with a completed application form and necessary supporting documents. Once received, all documentation is reviewed before an interview is arranged.
It’s important to note that investing in Grenada by itself will not grant you citizenship. You will still need to apply at a consulate or embassy, either with the consulate of Grenada for those living within the US or Canada, or the embassy of Grenada for those living elsewhere. The passport by investment program is a pre-investment screening program which puts applicants on an approved list for faster processing at embassies where it is offered outside North America.
How to apply for Grenada citizenship by investment program online?
For Grenada second passport online application, the CBI Caribbean agency is the best option for you. Confidentiality and trust are at the core of the CBI Caribbean team. We take your privacy seriously and stick by our Confidentiality Policy. Information will never be shared with anyone under any circumstances. You just have to answer the queries that are given in our web form, and one of our team members will be in touch with you within 24 hours.
As you can see, there are many benefits of becoming a Grenadian citizen. And I hope this article has helped answer any of your questions about the process and also convinced you that Grenada citizenship is right for you.
To learn more and start the application process, please contact one of our consultants. We would be happy to walk through all your options with you as well as find out how we can help along the way.