The Saint Lucia citizenship by investment program was established in 2015, allowing international investors and households to obtain a second passport in only 3 to 4 months using visa-free access to more than 132 countries globally. With various air connections and direct flights, Saint Lucia is well connected with Europe and different areas of this planet.
While Antigua and Barbuda will work better for many individuals such as bigger families, Saint Lucia provides one of the cheapest passports by investment in case you are the only applicant. It is a passport program that’s both commendable and among the most affordable ones also. And a recent discount because of COVID-19 has made it a much more appealing program.
What are the requirements for St Lucia citizenship?
- The main candidate’s minimum age must be 18 years old.
- Make the St Lucia citizenship costs for your preferred investment.
- Pass a diligence report together with their qualifying dependents over 18 years old.
- Provide frank and full disclosure on all matters of interest to the program.
- The main candidate has to prove that he/she has sufficient capital to make the necessary investment and must manifest that the legal source of these resources.
- The main candidate and his/her dependents must be clean in a criminal record and also not to be regarded as a potential threat to national security.
- The main candidate and his/her dependents don’t suffer infectious disease or severe health issues.
- Not to participate in any action likely to cause disrepute into Saint Lucia.
- The primary candidate shouldn’t have been refused a visa by a state, which has a visa-free travel agreement with Saint Lucia and also, all visa rejections have to be disclosed.
How to acquire a second passport from Saint Lucia?
The standard Application procedure takes 3 to 4 months. It might take more depending upon your circumstances.
First of all, speak to our CBI Caribbean immigration advisors, and they’ll evaluate your own personal conditions and help you in choosing investment options most appropriate for you, matching the essential criteria to guarantee a successful application.
A comprehensive checklist will be provided, and you will be guided throughout the required papers collection stage. Experienced citizenship consultants will accumulate and assess all of the papers for compliance and make sure all requirements are satisfied. The following additional records or documents might be required:
- Certified copy of passport.
- 5 to 7 passport-size photographs.
- Birth Certificate that is certified by your local authority.
- Provide certified evidence of name modification. (If applicable)
- A licensed copy of Army Records or exemption from army service. (if relevant)
- Provide your Signature and photo Certification.
- Proof of local household address
- Photocopy of national ID card that is certified by your state.
- Legal Marriage Certificate (if applicable)
- Curriculum vitae personal information.
- Professional reference letter not older than six months.
- Academic, professional, and medical clearance certificates.
- Recent and expired visas that are certified and original.
- Official transcripts of composed Verification in the recognized education center (dependents over 18).
- A licensed copy of custody or Legal guardianship documents
- Statutory announcement of a Non-accompanying parent (if appropriate)
- A licensed copy of a picture ID of all A non-accompanying parent bearing their signature (if appropriate)
After all of your original papers are gathered and delivered to us, citizenship experts will review your document and prepare it for final submission.
Your application will then be submitted to the Government of Saint Lucia through a licensed local representative, according to law.
Every application is vetted by the Government via an exhaustive due diligence background check during which submitted information is analyzed and verified. There’s presently no meeting requirement.
Then the candidate application and other documents are reviewed by the Government. If the documents are okay for the authorities, then an advice letter in terms of candidate application is issued and forwarded to the applicant.
Once your application has been accepted by Government, you’ll have to complete your investment.
Now an applicant has to invest in one of the following choices in order to fulfill the requirement of application for second citizenship by investment:
St Lucia citizenship by investment government bonds
Applicants may invest in non-interest-bearing government bonds to get a minimal value of $500,000 and also the payment of authorities, processing, and due diligence fees.
Qualifying investment has to be enrolled in the candidate’s name and stay in a 5-year holding bond from the first issue date of investment. These bonds could bring in good interest for the entire duration of this bond.
St Lucia citizenship by investment real estate
An investor purchases a property or shares in an infrastructure project that’s been accepted by the local authorities or Government. These are big five-star resorts, hotels, complexes, and marinas. If the investor selects a resort, he might purchase a share, an apartment, a villa, and then their property, shares are managed by a local management association.
Under the real estate choice, the investment ought to be kept for the initial five years of citizenship. The worth of Caribbean real estate rises by 3-5 percent per year, so after five years that the investor will have the ability to recover the investment.
The investor can generate a rental income during ownership, being an equity participant within the task, or due to the fact owner of this apartment.
Based on the global property guide, renting down properties in St Lucia earns 2 to 5 percent per annum. Travelers or tourists have also visited this country all year round and for this reason, every year rental and leasing price is consistently increasing day by day.
St Lucia citizenship by investment National Economic Fund
The Government of Saint Lucia created the National Economic Fund (NEF) under the Citizenship by Investment Act with the goal of getting foreign investment contributions and financing different government-sponsored projects.
How to apply for St Lucia dual citizenship online?
Confidentiality and trust are at the core of the CBI Caribbean team. We take your privacy seriously and stick by our Confidentiality Policy. Information will never be shared with anyone under any circumstances. You just have to fill correctly our web form, and one of our team members will be in touch with you within 24 hours. Now you can easily understand how to apply for St Lucia residency online.
Overall, Saint Lucia’s economic condition, affordable passport cost, and free access visa travel to more than 132 countries are enough incentives and reasons for choosing to obtain second citizenship among all countries.